kids

kids

Friday, October 12, 2012

Just an Update

It’s been a crazy week or so around here. Keeping up with this blog isn’t going as I hoped. I’ve had multiple topics I’ve thought about and hilarious stuff happen in the last week, the problem is I have no memory so if I don’t write them down immediately I just forget about them.

I’m going to try to get you up to date with this post and next week I’ll attempt to “get a little deeper” with my posts.

Gavin was baptized this past Sunday. It was wonderful. We had some family come in from out of town and Gavin was decked out in the hand-me-down baptismal gown that has been passed down from my oldest uncle on my dad’s side through 13 children, bunches of grandchildren, and now on to great-grandchildren. It’s pretty awesome to think about how many babies have been baptized in the same gown.

 

 

After everyone left Monday morning we attempted to get back to normal around here. I’ve decided that there isn’t really a normal though. We’ve begun to get ready for fall/winter which means cleaning out dressers and closets. It takes a lot of time to pack and unpack and organize everything. I think the hardest thing about it all is after the kids closets are nice and organized they just want to play with all the toys they see that they haven’t played with in a while. Half of me wants to be excited for me but most of me wants to say please don’t mess it all up, I just cleaned it all up. But kids will be kids and I’m trying to remember that.

Eliza had a class field trip to Orr Family Farm this week too. In case you don’t know Orr Family Farm is a fun little farm around Oklahoma city. The kids got to see animals, go on pony rides, ride the train, and pick a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. Brian was able to go with Eliza and brought Jackson along too. They all had a wonderful time, and it gave me a chance to get a little shopping done. It felt very weird being out and about with only one kid.

Today it is pouring down rain--which helps motivate me to finish up the organizing. I know this post wasn’t all that interesting, but I guess that’s just real life. I’ll do my best to spice it up next week with the funny things my kids do on a daily basis. (As long as I remember to write them down.)


A few more pictures from the weekend:

                                                    Baba and the grandkids wrestling.
                                           There was a lot of wrestling over the weekend.
                                           
                                                               Eliza being silly.
                                                             Cousins Quinn and Eliza
 

                                                                   Lovely Eliza
                                                                 Sweet Jackson
                                                          Baba giving Eliza a horsey ride.
Cousins chillin after a long day of playing.
                                        Gavin sleeping through the craziness of the weekend.
                                                        Uncle Michael and Gavin
                                                              Yum...puppy chow!
                                     Poor Jackson was scared to death of a toad in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment