kids

kids

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Going by Fast

It's the third trimester already! I'm not sure where all the time has gone, but there isn't much of it left until this new little one blesses us with HIS presence. Yes, in case you missed it--we are blessed to be having another boy.


I have been pretty awful about keeping this blog updated. I guess with three little ones and being pregnant I have an excuse, but  maybe this third trimester I'll do better?


I don't want to jinx myself, but so far I'm still feeling pretty great. I've been maintaining a wonderful 5-6 times a week workout routine and the baby seems to love healthy food like pineapple so it's been easy to maintain a good weight. I'll try to have my husband take a belly picture soon and post it. I'm not big on pictures of myself anyway, but the 4th time around has given me even less motivation than normal to post pictures of how huge this belly really can get!


I know Lent is half way done already, but since I've posted so infrequently I figured I'd discuss a little of what I'm doing for Lent in hopes that I can motivate you--not only during Lent but for afterwards too.


I've been sacrificing sleep for Lent. I wake up fairly early in the morning get my workout, daily prayers, and shower all done before the kids are up. This is leaving more time during the day to spend with them. It's been wonderful! I think I may try to keep it up once Lent is over too. I have a stack of about 6 Catholic books on my nightstand too. I'm slowly making my way through each of them a little each night. It seems like a great way to end the day and clear my mind before I rest each night. It might not seem like a lot, but for busy moms getting in that daily prayer and a little spiritual reading each day is HUGE. If you haven't been able to lately, maybe try waking up a bit earlier--trust me it's worth it!


The next big milestone during this pregnancy is that fun Glucose test. I've never really minded the test all that much. The part I dislike is getting a rhogam shot--which happens at the same appointment. Yeah for being A+.


Thanks for reading all the pregnancy updates. I'm going to change it up a bit and write about school choices in the next post. Hopefully that will be posted Friday!


Have a blessed day. Don't forget to count all those small blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment