kids

kids

Friday, November 4, 2011

Prayer and a little Paleo

 
 
“Virtues are formed by prayer. Prayer preserves temperance. Prayer suppresses anger. Prayer prevents emotions of pride and envy.
 Prayer draws into the soul the Holy Spirit, and raises man to Heaven.”
~St. Ephraem

When I was in college my mom used to always end our correspondence with, “don’t forget your prayers”. A priest once told me that praying is just like talking to your best friend. Would you go a day without talking to your best friend? Then why would you go a day without talking to your Creator?

I fall back on prayer a lot. Even during times of my life when I felt like it was worthless and wasn’t helping me a bit, I just kept on praying. Why? I do it because of what St. Ephraem stated above. I have had my fair share of sadness and disappointments in life. I’m not going to tell you a sob story, and believe me I know there are a lot people who have had it worse, but nonetheless I’ve dealt with some stuff. As powerful as prayer has been to me during those tough times it’s during the day-to-day trials that I find I need prayer the most.

Sometimes I wonder how people who don’t pray or don’t believe in God get through a day!

Going into this season of “thankfulness” I encourage you to continue praying. Make sure that you have thankful prayers during the day. Say a prayer for someone you don’t usually pray for. Spend quiet time just listening to the Lord. Try going to adoration. Pray for wisdom, guidance, forgiveness, help, grace, patience, and pray for yourself. Prayer is a very powerful thing! Don’t underestimate it.

Don’t forget to count your blessings--especially the small ones!! J

P.S. I've been doing the paleo plan for 5 days now and LOVING it!! I have lost 3.5 lbs already...which is huge b/c I've been stuck at a plateau for a little while now. Plus, I feel great and I can't wait to continue trying everything that goes along with the paleo lifestyle. I feel like a whole new chapter is starting in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, and welcome to the Catholic Blog Directory. I'd like to invite y ou to participate in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival, which is a weekly gathering where Catholic bloggers share their best posts with each other. This week's edition is at http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/2011/11/id-like-to-welcome-everyone-to-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete