kids

kids

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Greatest Present

So I had this great 12 things I’m thankful for post all ready to go for today--but I haven’t had time to finish it. I’m hoping to work on it later tonight and post it tomorrow. J

Today is going to have to be a quick post instead.

Today I just want to remind everyone to take time to enjoy your children. In the hustle and bustle that is the holiday season I think it’s so easy to overlook the greatest present we can give our children--time.

 I don’t know about you, but I can tell an immediate change in my kids' attitudes when I spend even 5 minutes playing with them. Sure it’s easier to flip on a cartoon and have them sit in front of the TV while I’m getting one of the million things crossed off of my “to do” list, but it really is priceless to spend time with them while they are little.

I read a sign the other day that said “please excuse the mess, we live here.” What a great message. The most fun times I have with my kids are those times where I look up after 30 minutes and there is a gigantic mess in every room. Oh well. I can clean it up after they go to bed. While they are awake I’m going to take time to play and enjoy their company. I hope that you take some time for your kids on these cold winter days. You just might be pleasantly surprised at something they say or do.

No comments:

Post a Comment