kids

kids

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Husband

I feel like we always here about how hard stay-at-home moms work and how much they have to do on a daily basis. I totally agree that we have a lot going on and that we DO deserve thanks and appreciation that is sometimes lacking. (Ok a lot of times lacking) Today, though, I’d like to talk about the husbands.


Those wonderful men that wake up early and sometimes drag themselves out of bed to go to work AGAIN always in anticipation of the weekend. How often do you say thank you to your husband?


I don’t think that husbands and wives thank each other enough for the work that they do. It’s hard to put yourself in the other persons shoes because you both are so exhausted by the end of the day that you are doing your best to put one foot in front of the other as you get kids ready for bed and drag yourself to your own pillow.


Sometimes I try and imagine what our lives would be like if I was the one going off to the office and Brian was the one staying home with the kids. (please don‘t laugh too hard at the idea) It just wouldn’t work in our household. God designed our family to run just how it is running now with me at home with the kids and with Brian at the office slaving away day in and day out.


How often do we housewives think our husbands just don’t get how hard we work? I find myself thinking that more than once during the week. I can almost guarantee that my husband never thinks the opposite though. He’s just not that kind of guy. He goes to work every day, works hard, and then comes home and helps out most of the time. I have never heard him complain about working too hard and doing too much for the family. (Maybe it’s because I’m just that good at thanking him??)


Brian and I grew up together and I never thought I’d be saying I wish I was more like him. He is the most even-tempered person I know. He is logical and calculated in every decision he makes from what to eat for lunch to what car to buy. It drives me crazy! I like to fly by the seat of my pants. I’m one of the most passionate people I know when it comes to almost everything little or big. I make rash decisions all the time and I can’t stand “analyzing” things to death.


But I wish I were more like my husband, Brian when it comes to complaining about work. I might not do it out loud all the time, but I do it in my head a lot. I have come to learn that complaining is much more of a female trait than a male trait.


So basically what I’m trying to say is THANK YOU Brian. Thank you for doing what you do. Thank you for being who you are. Thank you for driving me crazy some days. Thank you for taking such good care of our children. Thank you for taking even better care of me. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for seeing me through the happy times and even more for seeing me through the sad times. This life would be such a hard thing without you by my side! I love you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment