kids

kids

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Challenges

I am finding Lent to be very hard this year. I think it's because I've been either too worried or too sick to think too much about it. I've really been trying, but I'm just not into it.

The challenges that come along with having two young children, a husband that works hard, and no family around while being pregnant with another little one is really getting to me this week. I'm trying not to vent on here, but it seems like this is a good outlet. (sorry you'll have to hear a little whining) Really all I'm asking for today is prayers. I could go on and on about how tough it is and how I feel like I am failing at so much these days, but in the end I know everyone would say the same thing.

This is pregnancy. It won't last much longer. Take care of yourself and the baby. Just do the best you can. Blah, blah, blah.

I really do know that somewhere in the back of my head. But for now it's just a bit rough and hard to think that way. It's weeks like this that I sure wish I wouldn't have given my mom such a hard time when I was a teenager about being such a whiner and so emotional. I GET IT MOM. When she said "someday you'll understand" well that is now, I don't need anymore understanding. :)

For now I am just going to put one foot in front of the other and do the best I can. So much for being super-mom for now I'm going to settle for just get through it mom and hope that tomorrow and every day afterwards will only get better.

I'm still counting my blessings and all these little ones around me continue to bring a smile to my face. It's how I know God loves me and is holding my hand through all of this. I hope you remember that on your hard days. He truly is always there, sometimes you just have to look around.

No comments:

Post a Comment