kids

kids

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Feeling Blue...

These posts seem to be getting more and more spread out--I guess that’s what happens this time of year. J

Yesterday I had a great appointment with my doctor. They did an ultra sound to check the size of this little boy and he is weighing in at around 8lbs. 6ozs. Usually in the third trimester ultra sounds can be off by a pound in either direction, so I’m guessing he is about 7+ pounds right now. The doctor is bumping up the dates of the c-section too. He doesn’t want to risk uterine rupture at all, so we’re having the c-section at exactly 39 weeks. Right now that would be August 31st, however, he wants to re-evaluate my chart and see if he can bump it up even more than that. So it looks like we’ll be meeting this little guy in 2 weeks or so!

I brought Eliza with me to the appointment because I thought she might enjoy seeing her baby brother on ultra sound. She was super excited to join in, however once we were in the ultra sound room she was a bit freaked out. She thought the jelly and the wand were hurting me and wasn’t quite sure what was going on. She insisted that I was hurt even though I kept telling her it didn’t hurt at all. Later that day she explained to me that when they took the baby out it wouldn’t hurt at all--not like that ultra sound. I tried telling her that when the baby comes out it’s much more painful, but she was convinced.

I guess we were on the theme of boys yesterday because when I sent the kids out to play while I made dinner they decided to take blue chalk and mix it with water and paint themselves. Normally I wouldn’t really care about this--they were having a blast after all. However, we were heading to Eliza’s school for back to school night right after dinner. Still it wasn’t THAT big of a deal, I would just throw them in the shower and they could eat and get dressed and we’d be on our way. Or so I thought. I tossed them in the shower and lathered them up. I let them play for a few minutes and then went to get them out. Much to my surprise they were still BLUE! So I scrubbed them some more, still blue. At first I was just frustrated and then I just chuckled--I guess Eliza’s teacher was just going to meet the real Eliza. So there we went to back-to-school night with blue children. Hopefully, it will come off in their bath tonight but for now I just look at them and smile. It makes me think of all the “blue” that we have coming with another little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment