kids

kids

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ready or Not...

Can you ever truly prepare for a huge change in your life? I guess you can plan for all possible outcomes, and get mentally prepared, but you can’t ever really imagine what it’s going to be like after the huge change occurs.

The newest member of our family will be joining us Friday morning. While I am extremely excited and everyone around me seems to be quite excited too (which I love!) I am nervous as well. Nervous about going through the c-section, nervous about what kind of baby he’ll be, nervous about how Eliza and Jackson will adjust, nervous about the recovery, just all around nervous. Everyone can tell me that it’s all going to be ok and everything will be perfect, but no one really knows-which I guess is why all my nerves are on edge.

I’m hoping that come Friday morning my excitement will outweigh the nerves. All I can really do at this point is keep praying about everything. I’d appreciate everyone else’s prayers too. As I’ve said before I’m not good when I don’t have control, and one thing I can control is my prayers. So I hope to spend the next day and a half saying a lot of prayers for calmness and health for me and my baby boy.

My family is so lucky to have all the support that we have. My mother-in-law is making the trek out here tomorrow to stay with us for the first week or so and then my mom is coming out here right after that. I know I won’t be able to do it without them! We are also so blessed to have many friends around here that are willing to put in a helping hand, even the smallest thing seems to make a huge difference when family is so far away. I just wanted to say a special thank-you to all the wonderful people in our lives. We are so excited to get to share this wonderful miracle of life with all of you.

We’ll try to post some pictures and info on Friday morning--probably on facebook. Once I’ve recovered a bit I’ll get some posted on here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment