kids

kids

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Waiting Game


People always say that God puts the opportunity in your life to help you achieve something that you really need. So if you pray for patience He will give you many opportunities to become patient. I think I should stop praying for patience. Unfortunately, patience is one of those many times a day prayers for me. Sometimes it’s a simple “please give me patience with this child” and other times it’s a bit longer and more dire prayer--especially lately as I wait for this new little boy to get here.

I think patience is one thing that I’ve prayed for my entire life. For some reason it just doesn’t come naturally to me. Maybe it’s today’s world with all it’s modern conveniences that seem to be a simple click away, or maybe it’s because I want for so little, or just maybe I am doomed to always be an impatient person regardless of the practice I receive on a daily basis. I guess I’m just going to have to settle with lots of prayers to get me through.

You’ve probably played the “waiting game” at some point in your life. Maybe you’ve had to wait for months, weeks, days, or even hours. It doesn’t seem to matter the length of time you have to wait, the waiting game is one of the hardest games ever to be “played”. When it’s all over though, it’s well worth the wait--usually at least.

Today I have another doctor’s appointment. It feels like I have been going to the doctor’s office once a week for a while now. My c-section has been scheduled for next Friday, August 31st. I keep secretly hoping that at one of my last two appointments the doctor is just going to say--”ok let’s just do this”. Those of you who have been pregnant before totally understand what I mean. It seems like an eternity ago that the pregnancy test popped up positive. It seems like years ago that I was puking my guts out hoping to make it through the first trimester. I’ve known this baby is a boy for how many weeks now? Pregnancy is just a long process--obviously a necessary one, but still long. I’m thankful for the time I’ve had to prepare for his birth, and I’m thankful for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby that is getting bigger each and every day, but I’m done.

So today I am asking for prayers. Prayers of patience for me. Prayers that I can enjoy this last week and a half with my kids and husband. Prayers that the aches and pains that come with a 9 month pregnant body may subside a bit. Prayers for low anxiety as the “big day” gets closer. Prayers that everything goes well during surgery.

I guess one thing I can keep doing while I play this waiting game is keep saying prayers! J

No comments:

Post a Comment