kids

kids

Monday, September 24, 2012

God Will Provide

"God will provide."

We’ve all heard this magic phrase. It’s one of those comfort phrases that people say to you when you are going through a tough time. They might as well just say “hang in there, He will take care of you”. It’s a phrase that is hard to believe unless you’ve truly experienced it, and then it’s pretty amazing.

Brian and I were fortunate enough to experience this first hand yesterday. The day had come to take our 3 little munchkins to Mass for the first time. To say that we were dreading it is a HUGE understatement. Even as we were getting ready in the morning Brian looked at me and said “I may never go to Mass again!” On the way to church I led our family in a little prayer. I felt that it was the only way that I could calm my nerves about taking three small children to Mass. It was a simple prayer and a prayer asking for help--and you know what… it actually worked. I saw this little cry for help prayer answered before my eyes!

As we pulled in the parking lot I took a deep breath-- not to calm myself, but because I smelled something gross. I thought to myself, how are we going to make it through mass when I have to change a poopy diaper before we even make it through the door! Well, apparently all my children are on the same bathroom schedule, and after 2 dirty diaper changes,1 run to the bathroom followed by nursing Gavin in the Narthex we had made it through our first Mass as a family of 5. The crazy thing is that it was one of the best church experiences we’ve had in years. Both Eliza and Jackson were really well behaved and except for a little cry of hunger Gavin was awake and checking stuff out the whole time without another sound.

It would have been easy to put off going to Mass. Shoot, it would be easy to put off going to Mass for a few more years until the craziness has passed. Fortunately, we’re not in this for the easy. We’re in this to glorify God in all that we do each and every day. Amazingly, God provided us with a wonderful experience of enjoying heaven on earth with our family during mass on Sunday. That one Mass is going to give me something to look to for hope while I go through my days of craziness this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment