kids

kids

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What's Your Because... (Part 1)

The thing about life is that there are 2 sides of it. Both are very real. There is the optimistic, glass half full, sunshine every day, glorious side and then there is the pessimistic, glass half empty, dreary, grey side. Normally I'm on the sunshine team...today we're going to dissect the dreary side.

The following is a list of why life stinks, why I should be crazy, why I need a whole lot of prayers to get me through the day, just why. (I'm sure a lot of you will understand)


Because the way my 20 month old communicates is through a series of growls.

Because my 3 year old has decided it’s a good idea to poop in her pants during “nap time”.

Because my 3 year old managed to not only spill her milk all over herself, but she managed to rip a huge hole in her shirt as well.

Because when I was grocery shopping without any children I was asked when I was due.

Because I just turned around and the box of Lucky Charms is all over the floor.

Because pinterest doesn’t have a pin to give me extra arms, extra legs, or extra energy.

Because I have no privacy--bathroom time for me is either party time or story time depending on what the kids decide.

Because I could vacuum my house 4 times every day and it would still need a 5th vacuuming.

Because there is always laundry to do, in fact, there is always laundry in the washer and dryer.

Because everywhere I go I have multiple people “reminding” me that I have my hands full.

Because my kids are smart enough to push a chair over to reach anything that’s supposed to be out of their reach.



Because my husband still doesn’t know how to rinse his plate before putting it in the sink.

Because while I was changing the baby’s diaper my 21 month old got to the gummy vitamins, somehow opened the bottle, and was making a mad dash to eat as many as he could before I got to him.

Because when I got in the car to buckle all the kids into their car-seats my hair got stuck on the clothes hanger of the car ceiling.

Because I haven’t slept more than 2 straight hours in months.

Because breast feeding truly makes you feel like a cow--a cow that can squirt milk across the room on any given day.

Because the preschool teacher tells me that my 3 year old is really good at getting messy--as if I didn’t already know.

Because my 3 year old likes to “paint” herself with sidewalk chalk and water and therefore my 20 month old thinks it’s a wonderful idea to follow suit.

Because “is it nap time yet?” is something I say multiple times a day.

Because my 3 year olds’ nap time has turned into puzzle time, Candyland time, and coloring time yet again today.

Because certain people only call/text me when they need something from me.

 

Because I don’t have the option to drop the kids off at the Grandparents house and run to the store real quick.

Because, not only is the world my children’s canvas, the inside of my house seems to be their canvas as well.

Because the majority of nights I make a home-cooked meal that is actually healthy for my family.

Because the majority of nights I battle with my 3 year old to eat that home-cooked meal.

Because it is NEVER quiet in my house.

Because no matter how desperately I want to fix the problems of the people I love sometimes there is absolutely nothing I can do.

Because I’m tired.

Because I secretly understand why little kids throw tantrums--and some days I want to do the exact same thing.

Because most days I work more than 24 hours.

Because only 1 out of 3 of my children speaks actual words and I still want to change my name from “mom” to anything else.

Because multiple kitchen appliances decided to break on the exact same day.

Because why? Why does it matter?

Because my 20 month old chucks his pacifier at the door to let me know he’s up from his nap, and then in his growl language points at it when I open the door like he has no idea how it flew across the room.

Because I’m tired of repeating myself.

Because as I was burping the baby today he spit up and it cascaded right down my cleavage.

Because I had a c-section 3 ½ weeks ago and I already feel guilty for not working out yet even though I’m not allowed to for 3 more weeks.

Because of that feeling you get when your milk comes in.

Because when my husband doesn’t get home until after 6:30 it makes for a really long day.

Because some days it feels like all I do is correct and spank my children.

Because having children really does kill your memory.

Because some mornings brushing my teeth and throwing my hair up is about all the energy I have for me.

Because not completing a thought has become the norm.

Because I could probably write 3 more pages of these if I spent all day tomorrow working on this.


What's your beacause??

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I feel for you!! I could have written most of your "becauses!"

    My biggest because right now...

    Because my 17 month old has decided that screaming all day long is her favorite thing to do. :)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete