kids

kids

Thursday, September 27, 2012

What's Your Because...(Part 2)

It’s so easy to look at the negatives. It’s human nature to feel sorry for yourself and to always look towards greener pastures. What if instead of always looking for something better we were satisfied with what we have. We are so abundantly blessed that we have no right ever complaining. We have our bad days--sure. Our good days are so good though. Recognizing that we need God is a huge step and those hard times help us need Him.

So I took all the negative "because statements" from the other day and I turned them into positives. I can’t say that this is how I always look at my life, but doing this little exercise has reminded me that I should think about the negatives in the positive before I feel sorry for myself. You should try it.

 

Because the way my 20 month old communicates is pretty darn funny.

Because my 3 year old hasn’t pooped in her pants in 2 days.

Because my 3 year old does things at meal time that amaze me to the point of smiling and shaking my head when I should just spank her.

Because when I was grocery shopping without any children.

Because I just turned around and the box of Lucky Charms is all over the floor, but both kids just dove right in and started eating all the marshmallows. That’s one way to get it cleaned up.

Because pinterest does have some pretty cool ideas for me, my family, and my house.

Because I have no privacy--bathroom time for me is either party time or story time depending on what the kids decide. Not everyone can say they get to party every day.

Because I didn’t vacuum at all today.

Because my family has enough clothes to have piles of laundry to do.

Because everywhere I go I have multiple people “reminding” me that I have my hands full and that reminds me how blessed I am to have such great kids.

Because my kids are smart enough to push a chair over to reach anything that’s supposed to be out of their reach, which means they can grab some chocolate for me while I’m stuck breastfeeding the baby.

Because Eliza is rambunctious and full of energy all the time.

Because my husband might not do a great job rinsing his plate, but he works so hard every day to provide for our family.

Because gummy vitamins all over the floor make for a fun keep away game with my 20 month old.

Because we are blessed enough to have a new van that fits all the kids.

Because sleep is overrated when you have bonding to do.

Because not everyone can brag that they can squirt milk across the room from their boobs.

Because the preschool teacher tells me that my 3 year old is always good at school.

Because my 3 year old likes to “paint” herself with sidewalk chalk and water and therefore my 20 month old thinks it’s a wonderful idea to follow suit. Hilarious sight.

Because some days I get lucky enough to enjoy some quiet time during the middle of the day while the kids are napping.

Because my 3 year olds’ nap time has turned into puzzle time, Candyland time, and coloring time -- bonding time!

Because certain people don’t know how else to communicate other than asking for some help, and I’m lucky to be able to lend some advice.

Because when we do see grandparents it’s always super special and for multiple days at a time.

Because my house is messy with children’s art work and those fingerprints are the most beautiful artwork I could think of to decorate my house with.

Because we can afford to buy good food and I learned how to make that good food into a healthy meal for my family every night.

Because the majority of nights I get to battle with my 3 year old to eat that home-cooked meal and she is healthy and happy because of it.

Because it is NEVER quiet in my house. Noise is so comforting to me now and chaos is weirdly calming.

Because bad things happen to the good people in my life and I do my best to be there for them along their journey.

Because I’m tired. I’m tired because I get to spend all day and night with my children.

Because communication through tantrums is the only way sometimes.

Because most days I work more than 24 hours. And I love most parts of it.

Because I’m so blessed to be a mom.

Because we can afford to buy new kitchen appliances.

Because my children learn so much because they always ask why.

Because my 20 month old chucks his pacifier at the door to let me know he’s up from his nap, and then in his growl language points at it when I open the door like he has no idea how it flew across the room. I laugh every time I get him out of his bed and so does he.

Because little kids need a lot of things repeated.

Because I love nursing my baby and I’m so blessed to be able to stay home and take care of him.

Because sometimes you just gotta take a break from working out.

Because I’m so lucky to have enough milk to provide my baby with nourishment.

Because when my husband doesn’t get home until after 6:30 it means he was working hard yet again.

Because some days we laugh and play and eat ice cream before dinner.

Because having everyone remind you of things is nice.

Because I don’t really care what I look like most mornings. At least I have a working and healthy body.

Because not completing a thought has become the norm and it can make for some very funny conversations.

Because I could probably write 3 more pages of these if I spent all day tomorrow working on this.

 

 
 

Because the truth is that my cup is over flowing-- it’s no where near half full or half empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment