kids

kids

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Faith-Based Diet and Exercise

Today I’m not going to write about a traditional faith-based item. Instead I’m going to write about diet and exercise. I state that this is not a traditional faith item because I believe most people don’t look at diet and exercise as having anything to do with faith. I believe that treating our body as a temple is just as important as our daily prayers . We were blessed with this one body, and it is our job to take care of it just as God would. That doesn’t mean I think it’s sinful to eat candy. However, I do believe it is sinful to treat our bodies like trash cans.


As you’ve probably read I’ve started eating a paleo lifestyle. This is day 11. The way this lifestyle is making me feel is what inspired me to write about it today. I have followed the lifestyle almost perfectly for 11 days. For those of you who don’t know what paleo is I’ll explain it briefly. When living a paleo lifestyle you eat no processed foods. That includes grains, legumes, condiments, pretty much anything that comes in a package with a nutrition label. Your diet is based around meats, veggies, fruit, some nuts, some healthy fats, and the occasional dark chocolate or red wine. Eating as organic as you can is strongly encouraged. The exercise portion of the lifestyle is very simple as well. You are encouraged to sprint one day a week, “lift” twice a week, and play the other 4 days. If you haven’t read about Paleo or Primal living I HIGHLY encourage you to take some time to read about it.


I know it’s a bit cliché but you really just have to try it to believe it. Some benefits that I have noticed from this lifestyle so far are:


* Weight loss ( 4 lbs. already)
* Improved mood
* Improved energy
* No more “fat” days ( all you women know what I’m talking about!!)
* My body isn’t run down after working out anymore, it’s revitalized and ready to go the next day
* I’ve tried so many new foods in the last 11 days


I’m only 11 days in and I already see all these benefits! As a wife and mother I believe it is my responsibility to show my family how to live a faithful life. Eating right, exercising, and treating my body like a temple is just one way I can lead by example.


Please talk to me about this new lifestyle if you have any questions! Do a google search and you will have a bunch of hits that you can look at for information. Isn’t it time to start honoring yourself the way God does?


Don’t forget to count your blessings--especially the little ones!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment