kids

kids

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Powerful Prayers


We always say night prayers with Eliza. Most of the time either Brian or I will do most of the talking and then let Eliza add any special intentions she wants too. We always add an important rote prayer at the end such as the Hail Mary, Our Father, or the Glory Be. She has pretty much mastered the Hail Mary so lately we’ve been practicing the Our Father.

She received a rosary as a gift recently and we did part of it last night. (She’ll probably have to be 25 before she’ll sit through a whole Rosary!!) Anyway, we did a few Hail Mary’s and a couple Our Father’s followed by the Glory Be. She did a fantastic job and really seemed to enjoy the time together praying. Afterwards, it was almost magical.

As we sat on my bed she started talking to Brian and I about Emily. We’ve explained to her that her big sister is her guardian angel and that she’s in heaven watching down on her. We tell her she can always talk to her and ask her for help. She began telling us that Emily loves cookies. Of course, my first thought is that she is trying to get a cookie for herself before bed. However, as she continued her story I was awed. She told us that we need to turn the car into a plane so that we can bring some cookies to God and Emily because they will share with each other. She explained that God loves everyone and he can’t wait for us to come to heaven to play with him. Then she reached down put her hand on my belly leaned over and gave my belly a huge kiss and said “Mommy, God loves this baby too and so do I!”

The whole conversation was probably not more than 5 minutes, but it was tear jerking. Brian and I just looked at each other as she was talking with shocked faces. I believe that God was truly speaking through Eliza last night. Although her story was a bit odd I think it’s probably exactly how God would be with the little ones. I fell asleep last night picturing Emily, Eliza, and God sitting in a field of wild flowers eating cookies together. It doesn’t get much better than that.



No comments:

Post a Comment