kids

kids

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Spontaneous Trip Home

I’m not a very spontaneous person. Usually I do TONS of planning even for the simplest thing. It’s the control freak in me. However, when Brian came home the other night and said “How about we go to Indiana for the weekend?” I was all in. I never pass up a chance to get home and see family.

Especially right now. I don’t know if it’s the pregnancy sickness, the weather starting to turn towards spring, or the fact that I haven’t seen family since Christmas, but I sure am homesick. I’d say my homesickness gets really bad about twice a year. This time of year is always tough. We go home so much in the fall because there are always good excuses and holidays to make the drive, but in the spring it seems like we rarely make it home. It’s a funny thing to think about home. I know I have it all romanticized in my head, but it really is always wonderful when we visit.

I think the most comforting thing when we talk about home is listening to Eliza talk about all the people she loves that live in Indiana. She gets more excited about going back to Indiana for a visit than she does about anything else in the world. You’d think that it was Christmas by the way she talks about spending time with all her aunts and uncles. I can’t blame her, she yells out loud the exact things that I am thinking in my head.

There really is no place like home and we are all looking forward to a very exciting and family filled weekend ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment