kids

kids

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Dog Days of Summer


It’s that time of year. It’s been hot and yucky outside and this pregnant momma doesn’t want to do much at all. I took the kiddos to the pool this morning, and we had a blast. We only stayed about an hour and a half, but they both seemed to enjoy the time. We came home and did a little housework and some laundry--Eliza is wanting to help more and more with everything around the house. This is a good thing, but also a bad thing. She thinks she’s big enough to do it all, and that’s just not the case. I’m working on being patient and allowing her to work through everything.

However, one part of pregnancy that I hate is the irritation that comes with it. A three year old is really good at bringing out the worst of that irritation. It’s not all her fault--she’s used to us going all the time and always having something fun to do. Unfortunately, it takes more time and effort for me to get anything done these days. We’ve had days with no naps, we’ve had days with random messes for no reason, we’ve had days of constant whining, and we’ve had days of just plain wildness. I’m hoping these are few and far between this summer, because I’m not sure either of us will make it otherwise.

These are the kind of days that I wish we lived closer to family so that I could have an Eliza break. I think it would benefit us both greatly, but since we don’t I’ve decided to just make the best of it. So on that note, we’re going to the pool--for the 2nd time today. Happy Summer everyone!! J

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment