kids

kids

Monday, June 4, 2012

Making Beautiful Things

Sorry for the week off of posts. I had to catch up from being gone to Indiana for a long weekend. I’ve begun nesting, which means I have lists of stuff all over the place that needs to get done.

I think I have our weekends planned full of re-organizing house stuff from now until the baby arrives in September. I guess I’ve had a lot of the ideas floating in my head for a while, but now it’s kind of crunch time--they will take a while to accomplish so it’s not like we can do it all in one weekend. We started off this past weekend by re-organizing our kitchen, and re-organizing our master closet. The closet still has a bit of work to do, but major props to Brian for working so hard. We were able to do what we wanted without spending a dime. (That’s my favorite type of home improvement) It looks GREAT too! I still have a full page of things to get to, but I think the next room we’ll tackle is the laundry room. I’m much too excited for this project, but I guess when you spend hours every week in a room you’d like it to look wonderful and be as user friendly as possible. I’ll try to remember to post before and after pictures next week. (Assuming that we get it all done over the weekend)

Along with re-organizing the rooms in our house, we’ve begun to re-organize or re-prioritize our eating as well. We’ve been doing paleo at about 70% since I got pregnant, but we decided to cut out even more junk. I know I’ve said this before, but it’s amazing how great I feel. We’ve been doing what I call “hardcore paleo” for almost a week, and I’m already able to feel results. Real food is just the way to go. Not to mention that I got a huge cart of groceries from Sunflower Market (a local grocery store/farmer’s market) today, and my grocery bill was less than normal by about $40--and I got a TON! I keep telling Brian that I can’t wait until after our little boy arrives to see how paleo affects the recovery. I have a feeling it’s going to do wonders!

I guess with the official start of summer comes some tweaks to life’s every day routine. Maybe you have some tweaks you need to make. No time is as good as the present! You don’t have to wait--if a room in your house is boring-- change it up a bit, if you are feeling gross--eat better and get some exercise, maybe you just need a night out--go for it. It’s amazing how far just a little change can do for your life.

 

Here’s a song that has been very inspirational to me over the past few weeks. I LOVE it! Check it out:

You Make Beautiful Things Out of The Dust - By: Gungor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NaTxMK60Wk

No comments:

Post a Comment