kids

kids

Friday, December 9, 2011

In Her Shoes

Can you imagine watching your child die? Can you picture them being tortured and beaten to near death then walking their beaten body along the path to their own death? Can you imagine God telling you that your child must suffer this fate for all of humanity? How would you react? What would you be thinking?


Now imagine that God came to you and told you that you were pregnant with His son. How would you react? What would you tell your husband?


God chose Mary to be the mother of His son. She had such faith in God that she not only accepted the fate of giving birth and raising Jesus Christ, she also watched him die. She was with her son every single step of the way. I’d like to think that if God came to me and told me I was going to give birth to His son I would have enough faith to accept all that came with it, but then to imagine watching that same son die-- I don’t know how Mary did it.


I honestly can’t put into words how important Mary is to me personally. I don’t think I could have gotten through my miscarriage without her. I know that she was with me every step of the way--and she truly understood my pain.


Yesterday we celebrated Mary being conceived without sin. She was the perfect vessel for God’s only son. She was the perfect mother for Jesus. If all mother’s strive to be more like Mary--can you imagine what our children would be like?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, indeed, Laura. We must cling to Mother Mary and let her love help us to live for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete