kids

kids

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Tis' the Season

I LOVE Christmas! I have always loved Christmas. I was always the kid that would wake all my siblings up way too early on Christmas morning. We’d sneak down to take a peak at all the gifts that Santa brought us without mom and dad knowing. My brothers and sisters and I always had a slumber party on Christmas eve. It was Santa’s way of monitoring us, but we just thought it was for fun and it always seemed to get us even more excited for Christmas morning.


The truth is we still have a slumber party on Christmas eve. There are a few party poopers who don’t participate anymore, but I’m still in that upstairs room waiting with all the little kids for Christmas morning, and yes, it’s usually still me who wakes everyone up way too early in the morning. What can I say, I love traditions!


I’ve always been pretty excited for Christmas, but this year I’m looking forward to it even more because of my kids. Jackson probably won’t have a clue what’s going on, but Eliza is already asking every day if it’s Christmas yet. She screams with pure joy each time we pass a house that has Christmas lights up, even if it’s the same house we pass every night. She shrieks with glee whenever we pass Santa decorations in the store. The crazy thing is, I’m smiling right along-side her. There’s nothing better than seeing the pure joy and happiness that she exudes.


One of Eliza’s favorite things to do is sing. (ie: My Life the Musical) So of course we have been getting in the spirit by listening to and singing Christmas songs. It’s hard for me to pick my favorite, but Eliza continues to sing “Jingle Bells” over and over. There are those couple songs I look forward to hearing each and every Christmas season. Those songs that put a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes no matter how many times I’ve heard them. What’s your favorite Christmas song? I hope you take time to sing it out just like my little Eliza does!


Here are links to two of my favorite Christmas songs: (You might want a tissue) J


Christmas Shoes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJoz8L3631w&feature=related


Gown Up Christmas List:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfH_rfEe-F0

1 comment:

  1. FYI - I ALWAYS knew when you were sneaking down to take a peak. ALWAYS.
    And...my favorite song? "Oh Holy Night"

    ReplyDelete