kids

kids

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Growing Up

Today I looked around at my kids and realized that they are quickly growing up. This is kind of a bitter-sweet thing in my eyes.

Eliza has started to really act like a 3 year old. She is drawing “real” pictures, helping with household chores, cooking, and continues to ask a million questions a day. Jackson understands pretty much everything I say. He’s not able to totally communicate back, but he does his best. He’s turning into a little boy. Today he went over and sat down in front of the couch and “asked” for cartoons. It was pretty darn cute.

As this little guy in my womb continues to get bigger and bigger I keep thinking that in just a few months everything is going to be so different. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing Eliza home from the hospital and starting this wild journey. Now we are gearing up to bring our 3rd home!

I’m so thankful for this summer. Not because of the crazy heat, but because I feel like it’s a couple of months of time for me and the kids to just be. We’re wrapping up a part of our lives and will begin another chapter just at the end of summer. This little guy is due to be born right after Labor Day, so from Memorial Day to Labor Day I’m really looking forward to spending time with Eliza and Jackson. I can’t imagine how much more they will both grow….I guess I’ll be growing too. I’m ready to be a mom of 3, but for now I’m just going to appreciate the 2 I have to play with every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment