kids

kids

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Today

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the devil says “Oh crap, she’s up!”

 

I saw this quote posted on my sister’s facebook wall the other day and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head. It’s one of those quotes that really hit me and has stuck with me. I have thought about it multiple times each day since reading it. I wanted to share it on my blog today because I think it is a motto that we all should live by.

The devil puts so many temptations in our path each day and it’s so easy to give in. It’s so easy to be selfish and self-centered in our lives. It’s so easy to ignore those people having a bad day or those people struggling with a mental or physical illness. It’s so easy to give in to societal norms. It’s easy because that’s the way the devil has designed it.

LOVE on the other hand, takes some work. Love is not a passive word but an active word. It takes incredible selflessness to put other’s first. It takes incredible patience to sit down and have a discussion with someone having a bad day. Have you ever cared for a sick person? It’s not an easy task--it can be very physically and emotionally draining. As for societal norms, who hasn’t made an excuse for them?

God calls us to action. It’s not easy to be on God’s side. However, it’s the only side that I want to be on. Mistakes are inevitable and sin is unavoidable-- but love is always there to pick up the pieces. God is always there to welcome us into his arms.

So tomorrow when you wake up make sure you think about the devil. Not for a long time, but for long enough to know that today you will live to destroy his efforts. Today you will love even the most unlovable person. Today you will stand up for the right thing even if it’s not the easy thing. Today you will live so that when you go to bed God says “Way to go my child, I can’t wait to see what you do tomorrow”.

No comments:

Post a Comment