kids

kids

Monday, April 30, 2012

Inspiration From Above

As I was walking/jogging yesterday I was thinking about what I should write about in my blog today. Sometimes it seems like the ideas just pop into my head, and sure enough I heard two wonderful songs while I was exercising that really made me think.

With the coming of a third baby, a wild day in church, and an overly grouchy for no reason day, dealing with the idea of taking care of three kids was really all I could think about while I walked/jogged. Sure enough, God decided to speak to me. Maybe He was trying to reassure me, or maybe He was trying to make me feel guilty for being so grouchy all day…either way I think I got the message.

Below are the chorus’ of the two songs that I heard, if you’ve never listened to the full songs, I highly suggest you listen to them asap.




Darius Rucker

Learn to Live  
“You gotta live to learn
You gotta crash and burn
You gotta make some stances
and take some chances
You gotta live and love
and take all life has to give
You gotta live and learn
So you can learn to live


 

 

Billy Dean

Let Them Be Little

“So let them be little,
'Cause they're only that way for a while.
Give 'em hope, give them praise,
Give them love every day.
Let 'em cry, let 'em giggle,
Let 'em sleep in the middle,
Oh, but let them be little.”



What I realized after listening to both songs is that life is life. We’re all going to have those days where you feel like nothing is going right. We’re going to have those days where thinking about the future throws us into a panic attack. We’re all going to have those days where we just keep making mistakes. But at the end of the day we’ve learned something, and our kids have learned something too. We’re going to survive, and hopefully our kids will make it out of our care without too many scars (emotional or physical). God provides us with opportunities each and every day. It’s up to us to take those opportunities in stride with an optimistic attitude or to look at those opportunities as huge hurdles that we just can’t get over without complaining every step of the way.

So if you’re having one of those days, remember we all make mistakes--just keep doing the best you can. Your kids are growing and learning every single day, don’t be afraid to let them. Before we know it we’re going to blink and they won’t be so little anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment