kids

kids

Friday, April 13, 2012

No Words

Sometimes I just don't have the words to express all the thoughts going on in my head.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about teenagers and stupid mistakes. Honestly, it's hard for me to relate to "dumb" teenagers and their actions. I just didn't get it when I was a teenager. It all seemed so stupid and on the surface to me. The drinking, the sex, the parties, all of it just seemed pointless to me and I was taught so much better than that. So not only did I avoid those stupid mistakes, but I didn't understand those friends or aquaintances who partook in such behavior.

I guess not much has changed because I still don't understand such behavior. Whether you are 16 or 36 some behaviors just shouldn't be ok. However, this is more for those 16 year olds than those 36 year olds.

I'm doubting that I have very many 16-22 age followers. That's ok. This is more for me to "vent it out" than for them to listen. We all know how well those teenagers listen after all.

Back to my point...I don't really have words of wisdom for those teenagers that I am close to. They think they know it all anyway. That's not going to stop me from saying prayers for them each and every day. One day they may get it. Maybe. For now I just have a beautiful song that really spoke to me. It reminded me that it's not about us or what we do, it's all about Him and what He did for us. Life would be so much simpler if we all remmbered that. Before every decision we should think about Him and maybe, just maybe we'd think twice?? Enjoy. And please keep praying for those crazy teenagers in our lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J3M7uVjwI8

No comments:

Post a Comment