kids

kids

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Medium


The dictionary defines medium as a state between extremes. If you ask my husband I define medium as just perfect. Maybe some of you do the same thing as I do when it comes to the word medium. My answer isn’t usually a lot or just a little, but just medium. Obviously it’s not a very concrete meaning so that’s why I think I use it. Medium in my eyes is just perfect.

I think this is probably how we are meant to live our lives--at the level of medium. Sure there are certain things that call for that huge amount of passion or other things that call for just a touch, but day to day medium is probably the way to go.

We are called to set a good example for those around us, and I think that the best way to do that is by living like a normal (medium) person. If we act too happy people can tell that it’s all a charade. If we are depressed and angry all the time, people want to avoid what we’re doing in our lives at all costs. Just be real. People appreciate honesty and I think that’s what everyone can relate to best.

This doesn’t mean that I don’t think you should strive to live your live as Christ. Let’s be honest, he didn’t have a medium kind of life at all. Or did he? Jesus Christ was an amazing example of how to live. He loved better than any other person on Earth has ever loved, he forgave better than any other person on Earth, and he also demanded more than any other person on Earth has demanded. However, Christ didn’t expect for humans to do the impossible. He gave us expectations that He believes we can attain.

As I think more and more about medium I really think it’s definition should be changed to “the perfect amount”. Let us all try our best to live a medium life today. Let’s not be “fake” happy or angry and depressed. Let’s live as a good example for those around us. Remember it is you who brings Christ alive in this world. When we meet Him at the gates of heaven we all want to be able to say “Yes, I lived each day as you taught me with love, forgiveness, and joy.”

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment