kids

kids

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Glorify God, Especially During The Crazy Times

What a week it’s been so far! I was down with strep throat over the weekend. (yuck!) Then I attempted to clean up the house after a weekend of being down. As you can imagine, it was a bit wild. It seems to be taking me longer and longer to get “normal” things done around here too, so after a full day of work my house was still not back to normal, but it looked half way decent. I was so wiped out that I fell asleep early Monday night. I think if I could I’d crawl into bed about 7:00 each night and slowly drift to sleep.

Tuesday started off as a wonderful day. We attempted to go to a new play place, but it was super crowded so we opted to spend the day over at a friend’s house playing. It turned out working really well. The kids wore each other out and had a blast together. Tuesday night I took Eliza to dance and rushed off to Target. (I’ve been taking some mommy time each week while she’s at class--it’s been so nice!)

Do you ever have one of those feelings? I can’t really explain it, just a feeling that you know something isn’t right. I tend to get them when something has happened to one of my family members. It’s kinda weird and it’s like something or someone is trying to prepare me for the certain doom that lies ahead. Well, on my way back to pick Eliza up from dance I had one of those feelings. About 2 minutes later my phone rang--it was the dance studio. Eliza was “freaking” out because she split her chin open. Luckily, I was pulling into the parking lot as I hung the phone up. I rushed inside and poor Eliza was crying and had blood all over! Luckily, some sweet moms had taken charge and gotten her an ice pack and some paper towel to stop some of the bleeding. One mom even scooped Eliza up and carried her to the van for me. Off to the ER we went. We’ve been through this before, almost exactly a year ago Eliza split her chin the first time and had to get stitches. She knows the process and I tried my best to keep her distracted, but she knew what was coming. A couple hours later we walked out of the ER with a smiling little girl who had 4 stitches in her chin. It’s not fun seeing your child in pain, and it is really not fun having to help hold her down while she’s scared to death. Luckily, she was pretty tough and when it was all over she was just excited about the stickers and bubbles they gave her. What a day!

Today I’m attempting to recover from that craziness last night. I’m one worn out mom and Eliza was so worn out that she slept in until almost 10 this morning. I’m hoping that it will be a very uneventful day at home today.

My mom texted me as we drove Eliza to the hospital last night and said “look at it this way, at least you aren’t in labor!” I am very thankful for that. A split chin is nothing compared to a pre-mature baby. Actually, as I look back on last night I’m very thankful for a lot of things. I’m thankful for a tough little girl, I’m thankful for great friends who drop everything to watch Jackson for us in an emergency, I’m thankful for a husband that does a wonderful job of distracting, I’m thankful for good doctors and nurses (the nurses actually fought over who would have to hold Eliza down--no one wanted to do it b/c she was so sweet to them), I’m thankful for my husband’s job and being able to afford medical care, I’m thankful for “mom sense” and knowing that my little girl needed stitches, and I’m thankful that bribes still work to calm a 3 year old down. Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of a crazy situation it’s hard to be “thankful” for everything going on, but reflecting on the situation and thanking God over and over helps put it all in perspective. God has blessed us abundantly and it’s nights like last night that remind me to do my best each and every day to glorify Him in all that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment