kids

kids

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In A Nutshell


Vacation was a wonderful week spent relaxing and catching up with family. Drama, irritations, blow-ups, hurt feelings, and fighting were some of the negatives that accompanied us during the week. I think it’s impossible to avoid such things when you lock 18 people up in a house all week together. Even if you include a beautiful beach and all sorts of activities to keep people busy. It’s inevitable that the people you love the most in life are also the people that will drive you the craziest. (I’d say drive you to drink, but that’s not possible in my current state)

Although the week had it’s negatives, I don’t really remember them much. I think that’s saying a lot coming from a hormonal pregnant woman. What I remember are the fun times. I haven’t laughed so hard or so much in a long time. I haven’t felt so genuinely comfortable just being myself in a very long time. Although I’m probably the easiest to get irritated over the littlest things, that didn’t come close to stopping me from enjoying everyone’s company.

At the end of the week, I felt so proud to be a part of something so wonderful. We might be a large and crazy and sometimes irrational group of people but we are a great big, loving, family above all. When it’s all said and done we all love each other--and that’s all that really matters.

Honestly, I’m too darn tired and still recovering from the travel that I can’t analyze it any further than that. Being a part of such a large family is a unique and special thing that I’d never change--and family vacation is kinda like pregnancy: it has it’s crappy parts but they aren’t crappy enough to keep you from doing it all over again.

Thanks to all of my family for being so screwed up, it makes life that much more fun! Thanks mom and dad for planning these huge vacations. Thanks to all my siblings for taking time out of your life to make the trip. Thanks to my husband for working so hard to make it possible that we can join in the craziness. Living across the country from everyone really makes me appreciate the trip even more. Most of all thank you God for helping us all survive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment