kids

kids

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What's All This Pain For Anyway?


A few weeks back I wrote a post all about mom’s being superheroes. I’m not taking back what I said by any means, however these past few days have me wondering if I’ll ever get those super powers back.

There are two times during pregnancy that I am usually in tears and on my knees begging God for a little break. (Check that--I can’t even get on my knees to beg right now.) During the first trimester when I feel like I’ve been throwing up for weeks and weeks and I don’t know if I can take one more episode and during the third trimester when my body is so sore just from walking around are times I usually feel pretty sorry for myself. (Usually I think I deserve every bit of the pain, b/c when I was in utero I gave my mom a hell of a time) I have officially hit that 3rd trimester part. All you mom’s out there probably have some clue what I’m talking about. The lovely 4 to 5 times up at night having to pee and it taking minutes to even walk to the bathroom. The rolling over in bed--it’s probably pretty comical to watch. I usually add in my own little grunts along the way, I don’t know why though because they usually don’t help me roll any faster or any easier. Waking up in the morning--ugh. Your body is sore just from laying, I swear it takes 5 minutes just for all the blood to flow where it needs to and then you have to “pop” right up to get to the screaming kids. Then you have your wonderful mom job during the day. For me chasing an 18 month old and a 3 year old leaves me in a sweat multiple times a day. Sometimes I just have to stop and laugh, because it’s like one of those giant turtles chasing a playful puppy--never gonna catch up and probably fall over that big shell of theirs along the way.

But really who doesn’t love pregnancy?

In all seriousness I wouldn’t trade the pain for anything. It’s a good reminder of how blessed I am. Plus, it’s not so bad that I won’t do it all over again. Not to mention I can vent to all you wonderful people, which helps me get through the day too. In the end, I’ll be holding my little baby boy and the pain will all be forgotten. When I’m really having a bad day I just think about all those women who are worse off than me, because there are a lot of them--either in more physical pain, or in more emotional pain from not being able to become pregnant. My pain is just another form of a blessing that God has given me to remind me that my pain is really for something much more important than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment