kids

kids

Monday, October 24, 2011

Blessings

 
Monday mornings are always a bit wild around our house. We are always trying to recover from the weekend. Usually the day is spent running errands, catching up on laundry, and cleaning. This also means that Mondays are usually a bit overwhelming. I’m prepared for that though and try to plan accordingly. When I get overwhelmed during the day I do one of two things. I either say a quiet prayer to myself, or I turn on some Christian music. ( I guess I also have the occasional “freak out”)

This morning after listening to a song that my mom posted on facebook I googled the artist, Laura Story, and listened to a few of her songs. I came across her song entitled “Blessings” and was truly touched. The chorus is posted below.
 
 
'Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

I think it’s so easy for us to forget that God is with us every second of every day. One of the reasons I titled my blog “Laura’s Little Blessings” is because I truly believe that we are given millions of little blessings throughout each day. When is the last time you thanked God for those little blessings? When is the last time you thanked God for the challenges of your day?
 Check out “Blessings” on you tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nynUqUZ5zX8&NR=1

I hope it gives you some inspiration as you start your week!!
 
Blessings I am thankful for today:My children
Quiet moments during the day
My brothers and sisters
All the inspirational women in my life, especially my mom
 
Remember to always count your blessings--especially the little ones! J

1 comment: