kids

kids

Saturday, October 15, 2011

What do you see when you look in the mirror?


Have you ever held up a baby to look at themselves in a mirror? Have you ever dressed a two year old and told them to go “check themselves out” in mommy’s mirror?

The way they look at themselves is the way that I think God wants us to look at ourselves each and every day. There are days I look at myself in the mirror and think I don’t look so bad, and then there are those days where I look in the mirror and change my outfit 20 times because nothing looks good. We’ve all done it.

Not little kids though. Little kids LOVE looking at themselves. They try to make the baby in the mirror smile and laugh the entire time they are looking. This is the same way that God looks at us. Each and every day God wants us to be happy and wants us to bring some happiness to those around us.

In college I knew a girl that never looked in a mirror. It seemed so odd to me at the time. However, now I think it was a brilliant idea. Why bother looking in the mirror if all you’re going to do is criticize yourself? For the next week I’m challenging myself to think positively when I look in the mirror. I’m going to try to be just like my kids and make myself smile and laugh as I see that beautiful reflection that God blessed me with. I challenge you to be child-like as you look in your own mirror this week.

"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.” ~Matthew 18:3


Some of the blessings I’m counting today:
Watching my kids dress up and play together in front of the mirror
Sleeping in on the weekends
Working in the yard on beautiful days
Halloween Festivals

Don't forget to count your blessings-- especially the small ones. :)

1 comment: