kids

kids

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Little Me Time

I think that as a mother finding me time is the hardest thing to do. There are so many things that we HAVE to do every day. Feed the kids, change the kids, play with the kids, do the laundry, discipline, clean, run errands, pray, take care of our husband, work out, the list could go on and on. Finding that me time is challenging not only because of our lack of time, but because of the guilt that so often comes with that time.

I am blessed to have many wise women in my life. A few months ago some of those women sat down with me and explained to me that I need a break every once in a while. I argued that only the selfish moms need breaks and that I was strong enough to do everything I was supposed to do and not wear down. They helped me see that it is important to have that break. It is not selfish to take some time for yourself, on the contrary--it is better for your children and your spouse.

So over the past few months I have made it a point to take time for ME. Sometimes I’ll go out with a friend other times I’ll go out all by myself. (I swear I still hear my children yelling mommy even when they aren’t with me) I’m slowly getting better about just going and getting away for a while AND not thinking about what’s going on at home while I’m out. I truly cherish that time now. Even if I only get away for 1 hour out of the entire week. I take that hour to breath and to appreciate my life. It seems like I am always ready to come home after my break. ( So far at least--I’m sure I’ll have my day where I’ll want to stay out and not come home;))

Now I look back at the days where I didn’t take a break and I wonder what I was thinking. God puts wise women in our lives for a reason and it’s safe to say that I’ll not question their advice anymore. (Ok I’ll probably still question them a bit)

I LOVE being a mom. There isn’t anything I would rather do with my life. I know how blessed I am to have healthy children and a loving husband to raise a family with. I am only human though, just like you other moms out there. Do yourselves a favor and take some time for YOU each and every week. Don’t feel guilty and don’t stress about it-- just do it!! You’ll thank me later.

Blessings I’m counting today:Fall weather
Yummy recipes
Good friends

Remember to always count your blessings--especially the small ones! J
 

No comments:

Post a Comment