kids

kids

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!!

This year my kids are dressing up as Raggedy Anne and Raggedy Andy. They have homemade costumes!! I did not make them, I don’t have a creative bone in my body. A friend from church offered to make them, and I am so happy she did because they are adorable.

While our kids will be enjoying candy today Brian and I decided that we are going to start a new “lifestyle”. We’ve started the Paleo lifestyle. We’re going to transition from “sugar-burners” to “fat burning beasts”. (At least that’s what the book tells us) Mark Sisson has a website: marksdailyapple.com. You should check it out. He has done a ton of research and has a lot of proof to back up his dietary and workout suggestions. We’ve decided to try it first hand and see what we think.

We have already made some changes in our food over the past few months by trying to purchase more organically, but now we are doing a complete overhaul. I just got home from the grocery store and I was quite surprised that my grocery bill wasn’t higher. I only spent about $40 more than I usually do. I had turkey lettuce wraps for lunch. They were pretty good, but I’m already missing my grains! The Paleo challenge lasts for 21 days, which will bring us right up to Thanksgiving. (No we’re not going to give that meal up!!) I’ll keep you updated as we go. If you’ve never looked into it I highly suggest reading about it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment