kids

kids

Monday, January 23, 2012

I Choose To Give My All

I will choose Christ.
I will choose love.
I choose to serve.
I give my heart.
I give my life.
I give my all to you.



Sitting in Mass yesterday “I Will Choose Christ” began at the beginning of communion. It’s interesting that with today being the 39th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade (over 50 million babies have been killed) the first thought that popped into my head while listening to this song was my babies. I think it was some sign from God for me to write about choosing in today’s blog.


The thing that keeps running through my mind is how mom’s are similar to Christ. When Jesus came to this earth as a man He gave His all to each and every one of us. He gave His life so that we can live. Although I am not claiming to be anywhere near as wonderful and great as Christ, I relate giving my all to my children.


From the moment I knew they existed I chose to love my children, I chose to serve them, I chose to give them my heart, my life, and my all. This is not some super-mom trait. These choices are what each and every mom are called to make. It can be damn hard some days to remember that we chose them too. But, would I change any of those choices today? Absolutely not!


Some days I wake up and think, why did God give me this awesome task of raising these children? What is it that deems me worthy to have them in my life? How am I going to give them my all and not royally screw them up?


I’m not sure that I have every really come up with an answer to those questions. But I sure am glad that God gave me the chance to screw them up. And I know that with God’s grace I can be just what they need.
There was a time not too long ago that I thought I wouldn’t get the chance to give my all to any child. The memory of losing a child is something that propels me through each and every day. I always looked at children as miracles, but now I can say that I TRULY understand those miracles. As I watch my children learn and grow I thank God. I thank God for helping me choose.


 
In my eyes the choice seems simple. To love or to hate? To create or to destroy? To serve God or the devil? To give my all or not?


Today let us all say an extra prayer for all the unborn babies out there. Let us also pray for their mothers, that they will be open to God’s grace as they choose to love.


Check out the song that inspired me:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKVDvEH4exU

No comments:

Post a Comment