kids

kids

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Much Needed Vacation

My brain is on vacation already. My mom is flying in from Indiana in just about an hour and Brian and I are leaving for Florida tomorrow morning. I am really excited!! It’ll be weird having my mom in Oklahoma and me not being here, but I know my kids are going to have a blast with her. They don’t get much one-on-one time with Mimi back in Indiana so this will be a real treat!


With all the craziness last week I wasn’t sure if this vacation was actually going to happen. Brian and I haven’t been away together since our honeymoon. We’ve used all our vacation time to travel back to Indiana or somewhere else with the entire extended family. We’ve been so fortunate with the amount of time that we get to see our families so I am not complaining at all…but certainly looking forward to some time together not in Oklahoma and not in Indiana!


I doubt I’ll have much time to get on and blog over the next few days. I’ll be thinking of all of you as I enjoy some quiet time. Brian asked me what I wanted to do most over vacation and I said “I just want to sleep in one day, no kids waking me up”. Probably not the answer he was looking for, but sleep is always top on my list. J


A BIG thank you to my mom for taking time out of her busy schedule to watch my kiddos, and a BIG thank you to my dad and sister-in-law for holding down the fort while mom is gone.

Please say some prayers for us as we travel.


Don’t forget to count your blessings--especially the small ones!! J

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your time!!! I know how precious that time together as husband and wife is! We all love our kids and family, but sometimes just need a little alone time to "reconnect." Have a wonderful vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete