kids

kids

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Kitchen Rock Out

We were rockin out in the kitchen tonight. As I made dinner I turned on Pandora to a Christian station and the kids and I danced around as I made stuffed peppers. We had a blast! So much better than the sickness that has plagued us the last week or so.


I thought I’d share the delicious stuffed pepper recipe that I made. My kids aren’t huge fans of them, but Brian and I love them. I made up the recipe--which would have been scary a couple years ago, but I’ve learned quite a bit since being a stay-at-home mom. Cooking is part of the job description after all. Enjoy.


Ingredients
4-6 Green Peppers (parboiled)
1 lb ground beef
1 onion diced
1 shredded zucchini
1-2 shredded large carrots
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
1 can diced tomatoes
4 oz cream cheese
½ pkg. mild taco seasoning
½ pkg. hot taco seasoning
2/3 cup water
1 pkg. shredded taco cheese


Parboil the green peppers first.


Brown the ground beef. Add diced onion. Add seasoning and water. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the cream cheese, melt completely. Add the rest of the veggies. Let this mixture simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Stick the mixture into the green peppers and add a bit of shredded cheese to the top.

Pop that in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Yummy!! J

No comments:

Post a Comment